|Department:||Service & Support|
|Reports to:||Service and Support Lead|
|Minimum Education:||Associate degree and industry experience|
|Experience Level:||5+ years|
|Employment Term:||Full Time|
|Weekend and Holiday Requirements:||20-30%|
ESE provides process automation services to food and beverage manufacturers, particularly those that process liquids, powders and suspensions. These services include control system design, PLC programming, panel design and fabrication, installation and commissioning, and on-going maintenance. Our team specializes in upgrading existing control systems and integrating real-time process controls with our customers’ business information systems. As a result, we increase our customer’s revenue and production, and reduce product waste. In doing so, we fulfill a greater purpose of keeping the world’s supply of food safe and help our customers deliver a quality product.
The primary role of the Service Engineer is to provide maintenance and support services to existing customers. Support is delivered reactively and proactively, either remotely or at the customer site, as required.
The Service Engineer also assists with process automation projects when available to do so. Activities would include PLC programming, panel design or fabrication, and/or system startup and commissioning.
- Provides an excellent customer service experience
- Assesses and troubleshoots system problems, including PLC software, instrumentation, electrical, network and server issues
- Modifies PLC software as necessary to restore system to working condition
- Repairs, replaces, and / or calibrates pneumatic/electronic and analog/digital instruments used to measure pressure, level, flow, temperature, conductivity and pH
- Repairs or replaces control panel components such as variable frequency drive controls, relays, circuit breakers and ethernet switches
- Repairs or replaces human-machine interface panel components such as touch-screen displays and controllers
- Uses system documentation, including electrical drawings, as an aid to troubleshooting
- Conducts preventative service calls as assigned
- Updates system documentation after changes are made
- Assesses and evaluates service request effort and time to complete
- Provides accurate, thorough and timely documentation of service calls
- Assists in electrical control panel fabrication including layout, assembly, component wiring and configuration when assigned
- Assists with system startup and commissioning on project-based work when assigned
- Provides mentorship to new hires and inexperienced technicians and engineers
- Participates in safety training, demonstrate proficiency, and follow established safety procedures
- Bachelors or associate degree in engineering, electromechanical, instrumentation, automation services or related degree; or equivalent work experience
- Experience in designing, installing and / or servicing process automation control systems
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Knowledge of control logic and control processes
- Knowledge of Rockwell PLC programming languages and systems, including RS Logix (500 & 5000 series), RS View/FactoryTalk (ME, SE, & PlantPAX) and other Rockwell legacy systems
- Ability to read an electrical schematic
- Ability to safely handle and wire high-voltage electrical components, tools and measuring equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows OS
- Basic understanding of food manufacturing processes such as batching, blending, clean-in-place (CIP) and pasteurization
- Ability to use AutoCAD Electrical to design control panels
- Awareness of food safety regulations
- Good interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Highly attentive to detail
- High level of honesty, personal integrity and accountability
- Problem-solver mentality
- Action-oriented and dependable follow-through
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
This job splits time between a professional office environment and customer manufacturing facilities. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and works with various types of equipment found in a customer plant, such as high voltage panels, motors, pumps, valves and instrumentation. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role. While performing the duties of this job:
- the team member is regularly required to talk and hear.
- the team member frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- the team member is required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please click on the button below to apply and upload your resume. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.